Looking for a trusted and reliable demolition contractor here in Palm Beach County? Don’t know who to call and who to trust? This is a common theme here in South Florida when searching for the right demolition company to begin your next project. How do I know who to hire? What does the demolition process consist of? Well, these are a few great questions to ask that require some key areas of research. Before hiring any demolition contractor, you’ll want to look for the following:
1) Reviews! Reviews are important because it shows real experiences from real customers. You can find reliable reviews on a company’s Google My Business page, Yelp page, Facebook page and a few other lead generator sites like HomeAdvisor and Hometown Local. Look at how many stars the company has and read what the customers are actually writing.
2) Pictures! Search for pictures of previous work that has been done by the company! Pictures are important because they tell a real story and show real results. Before and After pictures are my favorite. Before and After pictures show you the finished product, so you know exactly what you’re getting yourself into!
3) Call around! Familiarize yourself with the demolition contractors in your area by calling around! Call and speak to whoever answers the phone. Ask any questions you have and see if you feel comfortable with the responses. Have someone come out to your home or business and give you a free estimate. That way, you can go over the entire process from start to finish. You’ll want to get a firm price, find out how long the project will take from beginning to end, and find out availability. Use this information to make sure your next demolition project is completed on budget and on time!
4) What is Included in the Quote? Does this demolition contractor include hauling away all the construction debris that comes from the demolition? Our partnership with Lifetime Moving and Junk Removal allows us to haul away any and all debris from each demolition job site. Down to a broom swept empty home. Not every demolition company offers this service. Without the debris hauling service, you’re left with a huge mess and another pretty large bill. Find out everything that is included in your quote and make sure it is made clear in the contract.
5) Professionalism. By speaking with the company employees, meeting an on site estimator, looking at photos, and reviewing the website, you can get a pretty good idea about how professional the company really is. Make sure the employees are background checked and the company doesn’t have a high turnover rate. You don’t want some random guy off the street in your home for an extended period of time! A uniformed crew is a nice addition as well.
6) Contracts!! I can’t stress this one enough! Make sure you have a copy of a signed contract with the demolition contractor you decide to hire. You’ll want to clarify any ambiguous areas, and make sure it is detailed. You can never be too careful! Especially here in South Florida!
All in all, do your research to make an educated decision before hiring a demolition contractor in Palm Beach County. Really, before hiring anyone to do work in or around your home! You’ll thank me for the advice later!